This easy Homemade Vegetable Beef Stew recipe is hearty and an ideal dish for the Autumn season!
It’s also an excellent recipe if you’re looking for a pretty cheap dish that you’ll get several meals out of. It can be made on the stove in a big pot or in the crock pot.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 Hours
Vegetable Beef Stew Ingredients
- 2 Pounds of Stew Meat (Rump Roast or Chuck Roast)
- 2 packages of Mixed Frozen Stew Vegetables
- 4 Idaho Potatoes
- 1 32oz box of Beef Broth
- 2 8oz cans of Diced Tomatoes
- One Large Yellow Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
Vegetable Beef Stew Cooking Directions
- Cut the 2 pounds of Stew meat into small chunks suitable for Vegetable Beef Stew or Soup
- Dice the Onion and Potatoes
- Combine Stew Meat, Onions, Garlic, Worcestershire Sauce, Salt & Pepper, and Brown the Stew Meat in a medium sized pan… Once the Meat is done Browning, drain out all but about a cup of the leftover juices
- After straining, dump the Beef, onion and Garlic into a large pot or into a crock pot
- Add the 2 Packages of Mixed Stew Vegetables, 2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes, Diced Potatoes and Beef Broth to the large pot or crock pot and stir the ingredients
- Add a little more Worcestershire Sauce, Salt & Pepper (careful with the pepper, it can get a little spicy if you add too much.)
- Let the large stove top pot or crock pot cook on low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally
Difference Between Soup & Stew Consistency
- If you’re looking for more of a Soup consistency, your work it mostly done. If you’re looking for more of a thicker, Stew consistency you’ll have just a little more work to do.
- For a thicker Stew consistency, you’ll need:
- Medium Sized Bowl
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Corn Starch
- 1/4 to 2/3 cup of Water
- Combine Corn Starch and water into the Medium Sized Bowl and Whisk until it becomes a thick liquid. Pour liquid into pot and stir thoroughly. Repeat this step if the stew isn’t thick enough for you.