Turkey Spaghetti is a Sunday favorite of Recipes from the Kitchen. We choose to make our Spaghetti recipes with Ground Turkey because Ground Turkey Spaghetti has far less fat than its ground beef counterpart.
Our Ground Turkey Spaghetti Recipe maximizes the amount of flavor in every calorie because we use 97% lean ground Turkey and whole wheat pasta.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Turkey Spaghetti Recipes Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic (or 2 cloves fresh Garlic)
- 1 medium sized Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 24 oz. Jar of your Favorite Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 6 oz. can of Tomato Paste
- 1 14 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes (or 2 fresh diced tomatoes)
- ½ tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup dry Red Wine
- 1 8 oz. package of Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 12 oz. box Whole Wheat Pasta
Spaghetti with Ground Turkey Cooking Directions
- In a non-stick sautéing pan lined with cooking spray, add Ground Turkey, Onion, Italian Seasoning and Minced Garlic, cook until ground Turkey is thoroughly cooked through.
- Once the Turkey is cooked, drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce, and stir in Tomato paste until it has a smooth, thick consistency.
- Add Diced Tomatoes, Red Wine, Bay Leaf, and Baby Bella Mushrooms into pan. Let simmer for 20 minutes and stir occasionally.
- In a separate stockpot, boil Whole Wheat Pasta in water for 10 minutes or until slightly firm, then strain.
Making your spaghetti recipes with ground Turkey is a healthier choice than a typical ground beef spaghetti. It’s much leaner and has just as much flavor! This delicious Turkey Spaghetti Recipe is best served with a glass of Cabernet Savignon and a side of Multigrain Garlic Bread.